We pride ourselves in providing the most outstanding and professional customer service that caters to our customers specific needs. Please feel free to browse our frequently asked questions for the answers you are looking for. Alternatively, drop us a line HERE and our customer service team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping of your order will be from one of our distribution partners or direct from Gloworm. We currently have distribution networks in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, USA and Asia. Rest assured you will receive fast and effective service no matter where you live in the world. Shipping will take between 2-7 days depending on location.
Depending on where in the world you are, orders typically arrive in 2-7 working days. To ensure the best customer service possible, we process and dispatch orders as soon as physically possible (usually within 24 hours) This means you will be out enjoying your new Gloworm in no time!
We ship using our distribution partners. If you live in the same country or region as one of our partners you may avoid paying any import taxes as the product may not cross any borders.
All orders from New Zealand will incur 15% GST, but no import tax. All other purchases will not incur sales tax at checkout. When viewing a product, we suggest you use the currency/location selector. Prices will then be indicated in the currency you will pay when completing your order.
Any taxes/fees incurred by the buyer at the point of importation are the sole responsibility of the buyer. These charges are to be paid by the recipient and unfortunately, we have no control over them.
Yes! We offer free shipping on any order over $50USD, to anywhere in the world.
All orders are shipped from our international distributors.
New Zealand and Australian Orders - Ship from New Zealand
Europe Orders - Ship from Greece
USA and Canada Orders - Ship from USA
Asian Orders - Ship from China
The LEDs we use boast an almost unlimited life expectancy. Therefore, it rather makes sense to look at how the luminance decreases over time. Our long-term tests indicate that the LEDs lose merely about 10% of their luminance after 2 years of PERMANENT operation (17,500 hours). To make it short: Life expectancy is no longer an issue!
Gloworm utilises CREE LEDs – Cree is the market-leading innovator of lighting-class LEDs. Currently we only use the XML2 LEDs and XPG2 LEDS in the CX Urban lights.
The Gloworm X series lights are designed to an IP67 rating. This means they can be submersed but it is not recommended. The CX series is designed to an IP65 rating which means they are dust tight and can be used in rainy conditions.
The life of a battery pack depends on different factors. On the cell type, on how much it is used and on how it is treated. In general, a life of 300-400 charging/discharging cycles can be assumed before the battery’s capacity decreases significantly (80% of the nominal value). This corresponds to a minimum period of use of approximately 2-3 years if the battery is used twice a week. With careful storage when the battery is not in use, a life of 2-3 years is realistic.
In many cases, the battery and the charger are in perfect condition, merely the battery protection has been triggered. To solve this, simply leave the battery connected to the plugged in charger and after a while (NB: it may take up to two hours) the battery will charge again.
Charge the battery ideally to 50-75% and keep the battery in a cool dry place for no longer than 3 months. Temperatures below 15°C are favourable. The fridge in an airtight container is a good option. Extreme example: Storage of a fully charged lithium-ion battery at 30°C (direct sunlight) irreversibly damages the battery – it may even fail completely.
Or rather use it again and discharge it? If you expect your next use to be no longer than the remaining capacity will last, do not charge the battery immediately. The life of a lithium-ion battery is also determined by the number of charging cycles. Each charging cycle, even the shortest, is recognized by the battery as such; therefore, rather avoid charging the battery unless it is really necessary.
Yes, without limitations. All our lights are absolutely heat-proof. Caution! Please be aware the enclosure will heat up during use, however this is completely normal so please take care when handling in order to prevent injury.
Absolutely! Whatever your passion is, be it riding, running, caving or adventure sport racing, Gloworm will be there to light up all your adventures!
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase, return it within 14 days for a full refund. Plus we’ll even refund the return shipping. However we’re pretty sure once you get hold of one of our lights, you’ll never want to let it go!
We are currently looking for distributors. If you are interested please CONTACT US to discuss.
Warranty and Returns
The warranty on all Gloworm lights is 24 months and 12 months on all Gloworm battery packs and accessories.
Please return the entire lamp set including the battery pack and charger to your local DEALER. Also remember to include a brief description of the error and your telephone number and/or e-mail address. If you are unable to locate a dealer nearby, please contact us HERE and our Customer Service team will help you out.
Basic Instructions – All Light Sets
Light and Battery Mounting – All Light Sets
TX (Wireless Remote) Instructions – Gloworm X2, X2 Adventure, XS, XSV
Advanced Operation and Programming – All Light Sets
Battery Care, Indication and Charging – All Light Sets
Runtime/Lumen Matrix – All Light Sets
For further information please see our Video Support page or FAQs
Gloworm warrants to the original owner for the specified duration, its products, to be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship and only the limitations or exclusions set out below.
This warranty to the original owner only, shall terminate and be of not further effect 12 months after
the date of original sale, as detailed on your product receipt.
1. Products damaged as a result of impact or exposure to extremes for which the product is not designed.
2. Products improperly used or not operated in accordance with the provided instructions.
3. Products used in conjunction with equipment or parts or as part of a system not manufactured by Gloworm.
4. Products repaired/disassembled by someone other than a Gloworm representative/manufacturer for a defect or malfunction covered by this warranty.
5. Products that are modified, altered or used as part of any conversion, sub assemblies or configurations.
6. Products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents. It is your responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
7. Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the shipper).
8. Products that are purchased used, or in not-new condition without original packaging. Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair (or the techniques used), the use or installation of parts or accessories not compatible with the original intended use of the product, or the failure to follow the productwarnings, installation and usage instructions. This warranty does not apply if the original product decals are removed or original finish has been modified or removed.
9. Products purchased at, adjusted and or assembled by non Gloworm Dealers.
10. Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product.
11. The labour required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the item covered by this warranty or any product that it is attached to.
12. Any costs associated with returning or shipping non warranted products.
Limited Manufacturers Product Warranty
13. Normal wear to the product. Components may have symptoms of wear in less than their warranted time frame depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes products that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy before the warranted time frame expires.
14. Products purchased through unauthorized distribution channels
This warranty covers for 12 months any products/part/accessories sold as a Gloworm Product, with the exception of Light Heads which will be warrantied for 24 months.
Statement of Remedy
In the event that the product does not conform to the warranty at any time while the warranty is in effect, the warrantor as its discretion will repair the defect or replace the product and will return it to you without charge for parts or service.
To Obtain Warranty Service
Consumer claims for warranty service must be made through the Gloworm retailer from whom the product was purchased. Gloworm will not be responsible for products lost or damaged in shipping.
Once received by Gloworm the product will be inspected to determine if it is covered by the Gloworm warranty. Only Gloworm may determine if a product is warrantable. If the product is not covered under warranty, all replacement, repair, labour, and shipping costs are responsibility of the customer. Gloworm will make the final decision on whether or not shipping charges will be charged for the shipping of the replacement product. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes property of the customer and the returned product becomes the property of Gloworm, which may destroy it.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER OR PROVIDE FOR THE REIMBURSMENT OR PAYMENT OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.