Our highly anticipated Gloworm X1 Light System (950 Lumens) is the second light in the Gloworm range – designed 100% in NZ. The new X1 is the first bicycle light system powered by the new Cree XM-L2 U2 emitter – approximately 12% brighter than last years model!
The X1 gives out an astonishing 950 lumens from a unit weighing in at 58g (remote and mount included) and 32mm in diameter. It boasts the same characteristics as the X2 in being waterproof, robust and CNC machined from 6061 Alloy – No plastic parts here!
The optics are a custom solution designed to provide maximum throw while maintaining a beam pattern that is easy on the eye – no discolouration, round beam and no artifacts. The kit will include 3 interchangeable optics: Flood, Spot, Super Spot.
This tiny unit will utilise the same low profile style mounting solution as the X2 for the helmet, additionally our new Carbon Composite QR bar mount is also included and is compatible with all othe lights in the range.
The X1 will be supplied with a 2 cell battery, once again containing high capacity Panasonic cells. Its capacity will be 3400 mAh giving a run time of 3hrs on maximum. The 2 cell battery is completely compatible with all Gloworm X-Series lights.
Controlling the X1 will be managed through a remote switch. It will also present the same selectable programmes as its big brother.
- More than 950 Lumens (real, not theoretical)
- IMT (Intelligent Mode Technology) technology
- Waterproof to IP67
- 2 Cell Lithium Ion Hard Case Battery with Panasonic cells
- 1 x Cree XM-L2 U2 LED emitter
- Interchangeable Lens system (Superspot, Spot and flood optics)
- 3 hr runtime on high power
- 4hr battery charge
- Remote switch
The Gloworm X1 Light System (950 Lumens) is delivered in a hard-shell carry case. The contents of the case are:
- Lithium Ion Battery Smart Charger
- Extension Cable
- Light Head
- Polycarbonate and Alloy Helmet Mount (Can be used with GoPro)
- 2 Cell Li-ion Battery (sealed case) using Panasonic Li-ion cells
- Bezel removal tool/bottle opener
- 31.8mm Carbon Composite QR Bar Mount
- Battery mounted power monitor
- Light will flash to warn of critical battery level
- IMT Technology
- Overheat Protection
Trail – Low>Medium>High. Special mode>Super Dim (all programmable to the users requirements)
Commute – Low>High. Special mode>Flash (2Hz) (all programmable to the users requirements)
Special modes are activated by holding down the button for 2 sec. This allows the user to conduct any outdoor activity without having to cycle through the special mode and having an interuption of a steady light beam. Additionally, the X2 is shut down by holding the button for appx 5sec. IMT gives you the flexibility of refined programmes and modes without needing to access them every time you go from High mode back to low.